Attleboro MA Personal Injury Lawyer

Personal Injury Lawyer in Attleboro, Massachusetts

Construction Accidents ∙ Car Crashes ∙ Other Serious Accidents

Many people come to my office following an accident and ask me if they have a personal injury case. Whether or not you have a case depends on your answer to two questions:

  • Did someone else cause your injury? If the accident was not someone else's fault, then you don't have a case. However, the accident does not need to be 100 percent the fault of the other person.
  • Did you suffer an injury? If you were simply shaken up by the accident and did not suffer any significant injury, then you probably don't have any damages to pursue in a personal injury case. However, it's important to see a doctor to determine the extent of your injury. Some injuries, such as a mild closed head injury, don't show symptoms for days or even weeks after the accident.

I have been a lawyer representing personal injury victims in Attleboro and throughout southeastern Massachusetts for more than 30 years. If you have suffered a serious injury due the negligence of someone else, I offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions and explain your rights.

I represent people injured in all types of accidents, including:

  • Car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle crashes and other vehicle accidents
  • Construction accidents (such as forklift accidents, crane accidents, ladder accidents and other construction site accidents)
  • Workplace accidents at an industrial plant or other job site
  • Slip and fall accidents occurring in a business or someone else's property
  • Injuries caused by negligent property conditions, such as negligent security the leads to you getting assaulted
  • Dog bites
  • Injuries caused by other types of animals such as horses or animals at petting zoos.
  • Unsafe and defective product injuries (such as being injured by a machine that did not have a guard)

What Types of Compensation Are Available to Injury Victims?

You can recover compensation for past and future medical expenses, past and future lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, lost enjoyment of life and other types of damages. Damages in personal injury cases are typically covered by insurance — car insurance, homeowner's insurance, commercial general liability insurance and other insurance.

If the injury occurred at your workplace, such as a spinal cord injury resulting from a fall off of scaffolding, your first recourse is to pursue a workers' compensation claim against your employer's workers' compensation insurance. However, additional compensation may be available through a third party personal injury claim if it can be shown that a person or entity other than your employer also contributed to the accident or your injuries. This could involve a claim against an independent contractor on the job site that caused your injuries, a claim against the manufacturer of defective or dangerous machinery or any other third party with a connection to your injury.

How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?

Since I work on a contingency fee basis, my legal services won't cost you anything unless I recover compensation for you.

Free Attorney Consultation

Contact me, attorney Dennis Bisio, to schedule a free initial consultation about your personal injury or workplace accident case. In-home, evening and weekend consultations are available by appointment.